Basseterre, St Kitts and Nevis: Terrance Drew, Prime Minister and Minister of Health of St Kitts and Nevis, shared a glimpse of the constituency walk organized on August 5 to celebrate the competence of 1 year of governance of St Kitts and Nevis Party (SKNLP).
Minister Drew mentioned that the atmosphere was truly electric as numerous people gathered at Ponds Pasture, radiating happiness and joy. The walk began from Ponds Pasture and ended at the Constituency 3 Office.
He said, “The atmosphere is filled with joy and camaraderie as I mingle with constituents, enjoying the grilled treats and refreshments”.
The Prime Minister of Twin island federation highlighted that through this walk, he had the golden opportunity to engage with fellow citizens and residents in open conversations, discuss community issues, and share ideas. PM Drew said that he values their input and is committed to serving the needs of the people.
During the walk, Prime Minister Drew appreciated the citizens of St Kitts and Nevis for voting for SKNLP in 2022 and providing them with an opportunity to serve and develop the nation.
Since assuming power in the government, the SKNLP has made significant improvements that have benefited the local citizens in many ways. PM Terrance Drew opened the island country for tourism to reveal its beauty to the world.
Since then, tourists from different regions of the world have resumed arriving in St Kitts and Nevis, benefiting the economy and boosting local business.
Minister Drew and his labour government took good care of their citizens during the COVID-19 pandemic; their quick actions and strict protocols ended the restrictions and resumed business, tourism and running other firms regularly.
In 2022, the SKNLP led by PM Drew saved the Lives of 30+ Sick Children by Paying for Emergency Overseas Medical Care and introduced Free Tuition at CFBC for St Kitts and Nevis students.
Furthermore, they also reduced student Loans from 9% to 5% at Development Bank and removed Import Duties on School Supplies and Set 2 Back-To-School VAT Days.
For the welfare of the people, the SKNLP paid GAE Retired Workers their Well-Earned Gratuity, paid Two Cash CBI Dividends to Nationals, subsidized Electricity, Gas and Water to Save People Money, secured Financing for a Brand New Climate Smart Hospital and ordered an MRI and other essential Medical Equipment for JNF General Hospital.
The long list of the work done by SKNLP doesn’t end here. Following are the further achievements accomplished by PM Terrance Drew and his colleagues in just one year of governance-
- Saved the CBI Industry and Preserved our Good Name by creating Strong Regulations
- Brought Back Visa-Free Options to Travel to Canada
- Installed the First Ever Female Governor-General
- Passed 23 Laws strengthening Good Governance and Domestic Violence Protections
- Filed First Ever Declarations to the Integrity In Public Life Commission
- Brought JetBlue, InterCaribbean and Caribbean Airlines to St Kitts and Nevis
- Drilled and Found Water in Cayon
- Agreed to Build 2 Million Gallon Desalination Plant in Basseterre Urgently
- Hosted the Biggest Ever Music Festival and Carnival in St Kitts History
- Resolved the Land Distribution Corruption
- Committed Free Land Titles to Lifetime Residents of Upper Monkey Hill and LaGuerite
- Initiated the Medical Cannabis Industry and Fixed Cannabis Laws
- Created and Passed the Historic Rastafari Rights Recognition Act
- Launched the Ministry of the Creative Economy
- Committed to Provide Green Houses to Villages throughout St Kitts
- Reformed the Corrupt Peace Programme into ELEVATE, promoting Actual Life Changes
- Committed Resources and hired New Professionals to tackle Crime Prevention
- Saved Development Bank & National Bank from Bad Governance
All of this vital work is done in just one year. PM Drew emphasizes that he was excited about the second year and will continue to work towards the development and welfare of the citizens of St Kitts and Nevis.