Castries, Saint Lucia: Ernest Hilaire, Deputy Prime Minister of Saint Lucia and representative of Castries south, appreciated every constituents for giving him an opportunity to represent them and supporting him throughout the journey.
He also thanked the staff of the Ministry of Tourism, Investment, Creative Industries, Culture and Information, Board and Staff of CIP, ISL, CDF, SLTA and ECSL.
The deputy PM, Hilaire, took to his official social media handle to
highlight some of the government’s achievements over the last 18 months. He claims that the Government of Saint Lucia made enormous progress in a number of sectors with numerous efforts and suitable execution.
Minister Hilaire wrote on his official Facebook account, “As we wrap up the debate on the Estimates of Earnings and Expenditure for 2023/24, I want to highlight some of the achievements of our government over the last 18 months.
Following is the list of the improvements made by the administration of Saint Lucia in the past one and half years-
– Increase Back to School Support
– Immediate availability of Food Vouchers
– Paid School Fees
– Subsidise flour to maintain the price of bread
– Subsidise fuel
– Reinstated the one laptop per child
– FLOW bundles for households
– Restored the distress fund
– Started the One Scholarship per household with over 200 granted
– Launched the Community Tourism Program
– Launched the Youth Economy
– Launched the MSME Loan-Grant Facility
– Increased support to the Police
– Backpay for Civil Servants
Minister Hilaire emphasises that this is only the beginning, and there are still many more great things to come, including the new Tourism Development Bill that will transform the tourism industry and make it more inclusive for Saint Lucians.
He asserted that the Government of Saint is always putting their first citizens first in every aspect and will soon take more measures to develop the island and its residents.