The Saint Lucian Fire & Emergency services department had issued a warning to the island nation’s residents to be careful and mindful of fire disasters. Due to the numerous fire mishaps that have occurred across the country during this Christmas holiday season, the department has issued this warning. Mostly, the fire broke out in the kitchen because of careless and disregarded safety precautions while preparing food.
It is crucial to examine all security precautions before participating in any event. The Christmas holidays are underway, and the entire island’s population is engaged in holiday activities, including preparing Christmas meals, planning festivals, events, and other sorts of celebrations.
According to the Saint Lucian Fire Department, it is everyone’s duty to safeguard themselves and ensure the protection of those around them. They emphasised calling emergency services immediately in case of a fire for prompt assistance and rescue.
Any Christmas gathering or cooking location should always have a fire extinguisher on hand in case emergency services take some time to arrive.
Having a fire extinguisher beforehand can prevent property damage and save many lives. The fire department advised the islanders to ensure the extinguisher was in good working order and ready to use in an emergency.
To ensure public safety, the fire department also advised public spaces like malls and shopping centres to thoroughly inspect the security systems in place in the structure. Prime Minister Philip J. Pierre has expanded the hours of stores and malls, enabling the public to purchase everything they desire before midnight.
Christmas holidays cause a large influx of people into public spaces practically every time. To ensure that everyone’s Christmas is secure and memorable, the security personnel stationed at the location must do their duties with greater accuracy and dedication.