Qualcomm, the company that makes Snapdragon processors and modems that power almost every major Android smartphone, is making its phone. The company is partnering with Asus on a custom device. The device is officially called Smartphone for Snapdragon Insiders. A phone that is made to show the chip company’s technology and priced at $1,500. The phone will be sold directly to members of its Snapdragon Insider fan community, which the company launched earlier this year.
The smartphone for Snapdragon Insiders doesn’t seem it does anything different when it comes to taking advantage of its technology than any other Android flagship. The price tag is very disappointing.
Specifications Snapdragon Insiders –
- It runs Android 11.
- A 144Hz, 6.78-inch Samsung OLED panel with Gorilla Glass Victus.
- 512GB of storage.
- 16GB of RAM.
- A rear fingerprint scanner (Qualcomm’s 3D Sonic Sensor Gen 2 technology).
- 4,000 mAh of power is offered by the battery and supports Qualcomm’s Quick Charge 5 standard. However, not at its full potential, reaching an upper limit of 65W for charging.
- The processor is Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 888.
- A triple camera setup is there in the back of the phone, with familiar parts from other Asus phones.
- A Sony IMX686 64-megapixel image sensor is featured by the primary camera, which was found in Zenphone 7 Pro last year.
- The ultrawide sensor uses an older 12-megapixel Sony IMX363 sensor.
- To round out the camera setup, there is an 8-megapixel telephoto lens with 3x optical zoom.
- A 24-megapixel front-facing camera.
- The company is promising that the triple camera array will offer a professional-quality camera. The phone can shoot 4K at 30 or 60FPS and 8K at 30 frames per second. It can’t manage to shoot three 28-megapixel photos at once or shooting three simultaneous 4K HDR video streams.
- The Smartphone will be one of the 1st phones to offer Qualcomm’s new Snapdragon Sound Classification. Hi-fi music playback at up to 24-bit 96kHz.
- The phone will support 5G sub-6 and mmWavebands and combinations in a single device.
The company is also including some dynamic and master earbuds (MW08 earbuds) in the box. There is also support for Wi-Fi 6E and Wi-Fi 6, and Bluetooth 5.2. The company also gives USB-C to USB-C and USB-C to USB-A cables, 65W Quick Charge 5.0 charge, and a rubber bumper for the phone.