Haskovo, Bulgaria: Haskovo Municipality announces public contract for “Delivery of 6 new electric buses and 3 stations for charging.
As part of the public tender, 6 new low-floor solo grad electric buses with two axles will be delivered, and three charging stations will be installed to fulfil the needs of people living in Municipality of Haskovo and “Trolleybuses Transport” EOOD.
Updating the fleet with six new electric buses for the public transport needs of the Municipality of Haskovo will contribute to:
- Development of sustainable urban mobility in Haskovo through measures for the development of ecological, safe, functional and energy-efficient transport systems
- Continuation of the efforts of the Municipality of Haskovo and Trolleybuses Transport EOOD to achieve public transport with less energy consumption, which will lead to public resource savings
- Increased attractiveness of public transport through improved quality of service, opportunity to expand the range of the municipal transport scheme and service of new urban areas
- Reducing travel time, with a renewal of mobile composition and an expected slight increase in average speed
- Increasing the safety and comfort of passengers using public transport
- Improve the quality and safety of the transport service and its reliability
The public procurement is submitted in connection with the application of the Municipality of Haskovo under procedure BG-RRP-8.013, “Eco-friendly Mobility”, in implementing investment C8. I7 “Environmental Mobility – Pilot Scheme to Support Sustainable Urban Mobility” to Component 8 “Transport Connectivity” of Bulgaria’s National Plan for Recovery and Sustainability.
The estimated value of the public procurement is BGN 6,150,000. VAT is not included. The delivery and installation time for electric buses and charging stations is up to 360 calendar days from receipt of a letter of contract.