The team of Botev (Plovdiv) lost 2:4 in a friendly match with Krumovgrad during the break of the championship. Sparring is played at the Hristo Botev Stadium. Senior coach Dushan Kerkez made an unofficial debut as head of the “Canaries”.
The match is played in a format of 4 halves of 30 minutes. The meeting started with a hit for Botev in the 19th minute. Reda Rabei centred left on the flank, and the team’s new addition, Antoine Conte, spotted the ball with his head and scored in the guest’s goal. In the 30th minute, Antoine Baroan doubled the lead for the “Canaries“.
At the beginning of the second 30 minutes, Krumovgrad returned one goal through Kitan Vasiliev. In the remaining time of the match, Botev’s senior coach, Dushan Kerkez, makes use of all his available shifts.
All 13 football players entered the game. The young boys from the second team and the club’s academy made good impressions on the pitch.
The result until the 90th minute was reserved 2:1 for Botev. After the changes made in the last break before the last 30 minutes of Dushan Kerkez, the Krumovgrad team managed to turn the game around after the reserve player Dimitar Tonev scored twice.
By the end of the match, the “Botevists” had three precise positions for a goal, but they failed to complete it. At the very end of the game, Alexander Kolev scored the final 2:4.
- 0-45 minutes: Hankic, Eto’o, Conte, Van Hartam, Baloyanis, Perera, Nnadi, Popov, Akere, Reda and Baroan
- Changes after 45th minute: Kaiser, Minkov, Rabotov in place of Hankic, Reda and Conte
- Changes after the 60th minute: Baltanov, Kolev, Ume instead of Perera, Popov and Akere
- Changes after the 90th minute: Papazov, Cherven, Georgiev, Tatarov, Sekulich and Smarkalev in place of Baloyanis, Van Hartam, Nnadi, Eto’o, Baroan and Kaiser
- Changes after the 105th minute: Kushinarov replaces Tatarov